Normally we are talking about all the great stuff that Old Guys are doing and how Old Guys Rule, but this week we thought it would be great to honor the moms out there. Mother’s Day is just around the corner and we want to say thanks to the moms who have made us who we are. We also wanted to share some ideas about what you can do for the ladies that you are honoring on Mother’s Day (in case you don’t have a plan.) We have also included 5 things not to do for Mother’s Day.
Here are 5 simple ideas that can make them happy and keep you out of trouble…
1. Send her to the spa – give her the pampering that she deserves and might not get for herself.
2. Get her something that is personalized – jewelry, picture frames…something with her name or children’s birthstones.
3. Photos make great gifts, now you can put photos on canvas or create photo blankets. Use a photo that she loves or take a new one.
4. If you are out of time or can’t choose, get her a gift card to her favorite store and pair it with a greeting card.
5. Last, but certainly not least, and in addition to any of the above…dinner at her favorite restaurant.
What not to do:
1. Make her cook her own Mother’s Day dinner.
2. Buy something at the gas station to give her.
3. Buy her a gift card to your favorite store…she’ll know you weren’t thinking of her.
4. Give her dandelions…unless you’re 5 years old, it isn’t cute.
5. Give her grief for any reason, Mother’s Day is only once a year, be extra nice.
Hope our suggestions help. We’d love to hear if they did. Feel free to add your suggestions to the list.